Full time permanent
2 weeks ago
At Project One, we are Change Experts. We are proud to have been named a Leading UK Management Consultancy by the Financial Times.
Our finance team touch every element of our business and are responsible for developing and delivering high quality reporting and commentary that can be used to improve financial and operational performance.
We are excited to announce that we have an opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our Finance Team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, this is a pivotal role for ensuring key reporting deliverables are produced to a high standard and on a timely basis. This role will also be required to lead team projects and work collaboratively across the shared service team and wider business areas to deliver insight and support business decision making.
In return we offer an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported. We also have a competitive benefit package.
- Be a strong number two in the finance team who can oversee the day-to-day operations and deputise for the Finance Director where needed
- Manage the month end process
- Review and finalise the monthly management accounts
- Prepare information to report to the bank monthly
- Take a finance business partner role for a share of customer accounts
- Become a systems super user to assist with queries from the wider business
- Oversee the end-to-end quarterly VAT return process
- Coordinate the fulfilment of the annual audit request for information
- Prepare annual statutory accounts (with support if needed)
- Prepare information needed to calculate the corporation tax liability
- Assist and coach other members of the team
- Manage the annual budget process
- Qualified accountant with a recognised qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Proficient in excel (pivot tables, formula etc and able to provide coaching to other members of the team)
- Experience of SAGE and its advance features such as fixed asset module, reversing journals, government gateway etc
- Some basic tax knowledge (VAT, payroll, corporation tax)
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation would be beneficial
- Enthusiastic and up-beat personality with a “can-do” attitude
- A professional and team player who leads by example
- A self-starter who uses initiative to overcome problems as they arise
- An individual who has the necessary confidence and gravitas to interact and work with the wider business including the leadership team
- Experience of working in a SME company or a professional services firm is beneficial but not mandatory for the successful candidate.
The role is on a permanent full-time basis. The salary for this role will be depending on experience. To apply, please send your CV alongside a cover letter that includes your salary expectations to email@example.com